Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BLOG SUMMARY #1

For the past few weeks, i haven't blogged much and the blogging which i have done has been mainly minimal. I don't know why that is, maybe i'm just not used to writting my experiences down and talking about them for all to read.
I also haven't put up pictures like i said i would. Still haven't figured that one out yet!
Since this class begun one thing i have done is to think more about MY "leisure" like experiences which I have done. Since the begining of school i have been very leisurly. I have "worked" on my friends apt. which is not done yet ( I say work but it's enjoyable for me i really do love doing it), celebrated a few birthdays and weddings and gone to lots of movies as well as France. Reading design magazines and watching HGTV also fills up my time when i'm not running around doing other things.

I feel like the older you get the more time flies and its hard to "make time" for family and friends. With school, a job, a boyfriend , friends and family i feel as though im not dividing my time (&priorities) properly.
This class and the education/information that i am gaining about leisure is more frequent in my mind. I contemplate "should i do this?" with these friends or "would i rather do that?" with others? and think about whether these activities are leisurly? and if i'm not interested i just won't do it.
I definetly have suggested activities which we can do as a group such as "apple picking", which is different then a typical "rendez-vous" with my friends which entails dinner and good company...
Leisure to me is definetly "time consuming" but i strongly believe that everyone can make some time for leisure. It doesn't necessarily have to be an "outing" it can be two people talking for a couple hours over a good bottle of wine!
BYE BYE for now!

1 comment:

Steven said...

7/10= Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content, but needs to use the vocabulary of leisure education. How can you help others find/value leisure?