In my past blog entries, I have mostly written about my leisure as going out, such as birthday parties, weddings, dinners with my close friends and time spent with my family. A much as I do things outside my home I definitely enjoy relaxing in my bed or taking a nice bath. During my weekend away at Camp Kinkora, I could say that all around I had an OK time. I made new friends and had good company. Something I noticed about myself is that during this “trip”, I went outside of my element. I was encouraging others and stating my opinions. We were placed as a team to do these CRAZY activities that required someone to be blind, speechless and unable to walk. All that said, based on my personal opinion of how to find a solution to the “challenge” I was a leisure educator in giving them my opinions and demonstrating it with them. If it failed, I was then leisure educated by the others. This role went back and forth throughout the different activities we did. These activities were initially extrinsically motivated but in most cases they all became intrinsically motivated and very enjoyable. Therefore that is why I believe the weekend wasn’t so bad after all. It is clear that I value my friends when engaged in my own “leisure”. I guess for me, most of my leisure is spent with the people I care about and enjoy being around. Bering around positive and happy people makes me enjoy life that much more. Terms that I often use to express my leisure is “rendezvous”, good company, dinner, volunteering…. I appreciate the time I have in my life to pursuer leisurely activities. Without them I think I might go insane!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
BLOG SUMMARY #2
In my past blog entries, I have mostly written about my leisure as going out, such as birthday parties, weddings, dinners with my close friends and time spent with my family. A much as I do things outside my home I definitely enjoy relaxing in my bed or taking a nice bath. During my weekend away at Camp Kinkora, I could say that all around I had an OK time. I made new friends and had good company. Something I noticed about myself is that during this “trip”, I went outside of my element. I was encouraging others and stating my opinions. We were placed as a team to do these CRAZY activities that required someone to be blind, speechless and unable to walk. All that said, based on my personal opinion of how to find a solution to the “challenge” I was a leisure educator in giving them my opinions and demonstrating it with them. If it failed, I was then leisure educated by the others. This role went back and forth throughout the different activities we did. These activities were initially extrinsically motivated but in most cases they all became intrinsically motivated and very enjoyable. Therefore that is why I believe the weekend wasn’t so bad after all. It is clear that I value my friends when engaged in my own “leisure”. I guess for me, most of my leisure is spent with the people I care about and enjoy being around. Bering around positive and happy people makes me enjoy life that much more. Terms that I often use to express my leisure is “rendezvous”, good company, dinner, volunteering…. I appreciate the time I have in my life to pursuer leisurely activities. Without them I think I might go insane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good self-reflection about what motivates you to leisure. But as a leisure educator how can you help people who cannot find the extrinsic or intrinsic motivation? How do you motivate people who are without supportive friends and family? What do you need to better understand? 6.5/10
Post a Comment